Get your laptops ready! Chainlink Bootcamp is coming to Singapore Management University. Learn how to write smart contracts in Solidity and connect them to real-world data in instructor-led sessions with experienced smart contract developers.
This bootcamp is designed to bring people together to learn how to build the next generation of smart contracts. Upon successfully completing the program, you'll know what a blockchain is, how smart contracts work, and how to create, deploy, and execute smart contracts using Chainlink oracles to securely access off-chain data and computations.
✨ Please note:
- Chainlink Bootcamp is a highly interactive educational event. Please make sure you "bring your laptop."
- This event will be in-person only. The session will be split between 29 May 2023 and 30 May 2023. We highly recommend that you attend each session.
- To help us better organize this event, please register beforehand to guarantee your attendance.
🛠 Please get ready:
- To help us make better use of our time during the hands-on sessions. Please prepare the necessary software by following the provided instructions in this document.
📍 Full address:
- Singapore Management University (SMU), 81 Victoria St, Singapore 188065
- Active Learning Classroom 3-1 & 3-2 @ SMU Connexion
📚 Day 1 Curriculum:
On the first day, the primary focus will be on introducing the oracle network and the computing services built upon it. In addition to a high-level overview, the course will include a hands-on code-along segment that applies the theoretical concepts to a non-fungible token (NFT) smart contract.
Upon completion of the day one curriculum, participants will possess a comprehensive understanding of decentralized oracles. Participants will be equipped with the knowledge to integrate them into their smart contract designs effectively.
- Oracle Problem
- Deterministic system vs. Indeterministic system
- Decentralized oracle network
- Chainlink oracle network introduction
- Chainlink Computing Services
- Chainlink VRF (Verified Random Functions)
- Oracle services workflow
- Get randomness with VRF
- Demo & Code Along
- Remix and Metamask introduction
- Write the first NFT smart contract
- Chainlink VRF app introduction
- NFT Random mint with Chainlink VRF
- Q & A
18.30 - 19.00: Registration
19.00 - 21.00: Leaning & hands-on sessions led by Frank Kong, Developer Advocate at Chainlink Labs
21.00 - 22.00: Networking / Farewell
1. Q: Where will the event take place?
A: This event will be in-person only. It will be hosted at Singapore Management University (SMU). Full address: 81 Victoria St, Singapore 188065, Active Learning Classroom 3-1 & 3-2 @ SMU Connexion
2. Q: When will this event take place?
A: Day 1: 29 May 2023 and Day 2: 30 May 2023. Save the dates in your calendar!
3. Q: Who can participate?
A: Anyone from anywhere in the world can participate. Read all rules and codes of conduct here.
4. Q: How much does it cost to attend?
A: Nothing; the developer bootcamp is free!
5. Q: What if I've never been to a bootcamp or worked with blockchain before?
A: No worries! Software engineering experience would be helpful but not required. This is a great place to learn all things blockchain and smart contracts.
What is Chainlink?
Chainlink is the industry standard for building, accessing, and selling oracle services needed to power hybrid smart contracts on any blockchain. Chainlink oracle networks provide smart contracts to reliably connect to any external API and leverage secure off-chain computations for enabling feature-rich applications. Chainlink currently secures tens of billions of dollars across DeFi, insurance, gaming, and other major industries and offers global enterprises and leading data providers a universal gateway to all blockchains.
** If your circumstances change and you can no longer attend, please cancel your participation so that your fellow participants from the waitlist can join the BootCamp. By attending this event, you agree to be photographed and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.**